Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Mea Culpa

Commissioner Jordan responded privately to my post about commission voting sessions (since edited), taking me to task for implying “irresponsible and counterproductive” behavior on his part. He was entirely correct to do so.

In this instance, I allowed rhetoric to get the better of me. Over the years, I have taken great pains not to personalize the policy and procedural issues on which I comment. I pride myself on presenting rational arguments and being able to document the points that I make. I stand by my insistence that the consent agenda actually imply consent, but freely concede that the argument could (and should) have been better made without dragging personalities into it.


Commissioner Jordan and I agree on some issues and disagree on others. However, I have no doubts as to his abilities or his commitment to serving the community. He has my apologies.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: