Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just An Observation On My Part

Anyone else get that direct mail piece a few days back advertising a “Retirement & Estate Planning Workshop” put on by The Lloyd Group? What intrigued me was the fact that Dale Cardwell’s name and photo are prominently displayed at the top of the page. Cardwell is slated as a “guest speaker” for the workshops to be held at the Watkinsville Community Center at 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on 31 July (there are also workshops in Gwinnett County on 24 July, but I do not know if Cardwell is scheduled for those).

I realize that not all of life revolves around politics. This did strike me as quite odd, however, given that Cardwell is currently up to his eyeballs in the Democrat primary for United States Senate - and presumably would immediately shift into general election mode should he win.

Regardless, the question is academic to me. As one may easily surmise from this, I chose the GOP primary ballot and voted for Paul Broun. The only other contested races on my ballot were a couple of seats on the Public Service Commission.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cardwell is working as a consultant for the Lloyd Group. He needed a new day job after quitting WSB to run.

Blake Aued

Anonymous said...

Well, there you go. I'm not up on the donkeys as much as I am the elephants.